Are you ready for two–way syncing? If you are, the wait is over. Now, you can sync your MailChimp (MC) lists / groups back to CCB.
If you are ready to be an early adopter, login and give it a go. Just visit your profile –> integrations. You will see a new step, Step 3b.
You would be required to turn on 4 additional services for that CCB API user to make the integration work. That means for two–way syncing, you need to turn on ALL of the following services:
- Execute_search, group_profiles, group_profile_from_id, search_list, create_individual, individual_search, remove_individual_from_group, add_individual_to_group
So, here are the current logic / options:
- Your current settings for CCB –> MC will continue to work as before if you don’t do anything.
- The settings for MC –> CCB are independent. You can specifically choose to opt-in for two–way syncing (enable the services listed above and complete Step 3b in profile –> integrations ) and you will need to set which MC lists / groups are being synced to which CCB campuses / groups.
- We will keep both lists updated with profiles that match a unique email address. e.g. You have 100 profiles within a CCB group but only 80 of those are unique (no errors, no duplicates, and has an email). So, on your MC lists / groups, we will receive 80 unique profiles and should any of those change on MC, we will update those on CCB. If a contact is removed from either CCB or MC, we will sync the list. If a contact is added on either CCB or MC, we will also sync the list to match.
- The biggest question is about when someone unsubscribes from a MC newsletter. Currently, if your subscriber unsubscribes from a MailChimp newsletter, MailChimp will tag that user as ‘unsubscribed’ and you will not be able to send that person another email. With 2-way sync, once enabled, we will take it a step further and REMOVE that person from the mapped CCB group as well. New feature. Decide whether you want to remove MC unsubs from CCB groups or not.