We are going to guide you to create your MailChimp API key, enter into CCBChimp and authorize it.
If you haven’t created your MailChimp API key, here’s how to do so.
1. Login to your MailChimp account.
2. Click on your profile image.
3. Click on ‘Account’.
4. On the new webscreen, click on ‘Extras’ and then choose ‘API Keys’ from the dropdown menu.
5. On the new webscreen, click on Create a key. We recommend creating an API key that is used specifically for this integration. In MailChimp, you can create multiple API keys. Create one and name it something like CCBChimp. In that way, any future changes you make will not affect your other integrations. Copy it.
6. Go back to the CCBchimp.com Step 1 phase and enter the created MailChimp API key.
7. Click on ’Authorize’.
Once everything is authorized and you have clicked on Next, CCBChimp syncs your accounts. This can often take a while, especially if it is your first sync. You may need to wait as long as 2-3 hours. Sometimes, the first sync fails. This can happen with large accounts. It can also happen with data-heavy accounts.
If the wait time is longer than 2-3 hours or your sync failed, please reach out to us. We’ll work with you to get your accounts synced successfully.If you need help, please click on the chat icon contact us. We are always happy to support you.