In this video, we are going to guide you on how to create your CCB API login, enable the required service, enter into CCBChimp and authorize it.
If you already have your CCB API username and password (not your CCB login) and you have enabled the required services, then enter your CCB API username here and enter your CCB API password here. Enter your CCB account name here. For example, in the URL “https://multisite.ccbchurch.com/api.php”, the account name is “multisite”. Click on Authorize. Once successful, you can go on to step 1b and enter your MailChimp API.
If you haven’t created a CCB API username, password and enabled the required services, here’s how to do so.
Step 1a – CCB
1. Login to your CCB account. NOTE: You will need to login as an administrator (or as someone with admin privileges) to create a new API user.
2. Click on ‘Settings’ (Gear Icon). Click on ‘API’.
3. You will see the API summary screen. Click on ‘Add a new API User’ (located to the right of the summary screen).
4. You will see the New API user form. Complete the form with the required information. NOTE: CCB passwords can only be characters and numbers (no special characters) with at least one number.
5. Make a note of your API username and password. You will need it later.
6. Click ‘Save’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the form).
7. You will again see the API summary screen. Click on the ‘Users’ tab.
8. Select your user from the list of users. Click on the ‘Services’ tab.
9. You will see a list of services. You need to select the services which will allow CCB and CCBChimp to communicate correctly. Select each of these 10 services:
10. Click ‘Save’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the services list).
11. You will see the API summary screen. Look at the line ‘Your API URL’. Make a note of your account name. This is the word between the double slash and the ‘.ccbchurch’. For example, in the URL “https://multisite.ccbchurch.com/api.php”, the account name is “multisite”.
Return to your Step 1 on CCBChimp and enter the CCB API username / password and account name. Click on Authorize.